- Public notice of claim of ownership of the mark
- Legal presumption of ownership and nationwide exclusive right in connection with the goods/services
- The ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court and recover attorney fees
- The use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries
- The ability to record the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- The ability to use the federal intent-to-use application filing system under 15 USC 1051(b) (ITU Applications) – Invaluable for startups and new businesses
- The right to use the federal registration symbol ®
- Listing in the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s online databases which makes discovery by those doing trademark searches easier – This can serve as a deterrent to prevent the adoption of confusingly similar marks by third parties.