Elizabeth A. Uruskyj
- Entertainment Law
- Trademark Law
- Copyright Licensing
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Santa Clara University School of Law
(JD, Intellectual Property Concentration)
- Siena College
Elizabeth A. Uruskyj is an intellectual property attorney who has worked both in-house and with boutique firms to assist clients on a variety of intellectual property matters. Elizabeth’s areas of practice include trademark and copyright law, technology transactions and advertising and media law.
Elizabeth’s primary focus as of counsel to the firm is trademark prosecution and infringement matters. Elizabeth has counseled clients on the state and federal registration of hundreds of marks across a variety of industries. In addition, she represents clients in regard to office actions, UDRP matters, and disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
A New York native, Elizabeth received her B.A. in 2010 from Siena College. She went on to receive her Juris Doctorate from Santa Clara University School of Law, ranked fourth in the nation for its Intellectual Property Law Program. While at Santa Clara, Elizabeth earned a Corporate High-Tech Law Certificate with honors and was recognized nationally at Drexel University’s IP Law Meet for her negotiating and licensing skills.
- Advising professionals and their companies in entertainment, advertising, technology, and media industries on intellectual property protection strategy;
- Consulting on the protection, licensing, and commercialization of technology assets; Negotiation and drafting of contracts related to tech transactions including but not limited to licenses, SAAS agreements and non-disclosures.
- Trademark and brand name protection strategies in traditional and new media, Copyright matters, design patent and utility patent protection, and confidential disclosure agreements;
- Forming, merging, selling and dissolving business entities, corporations and limited liability companies; Advising clients in stock purchase agreements, buyout agreements, investment financing, and other capital transactions, including crowdfunding law.
- Drafting and negotiating personal services and design agreements related to mobile applications and websites, film and television production, digital and mobile publishing, licensing, and advertising law.
- Consulting startup and growth-stage technology companies on business plans, pitch decks, revenue models, funding strategy, strategic partnerships and lean startup methodology.
Admitted to Practice:
- All California State Courts
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, California Young Lawyer Association