David N. Sharifi
- Trademark Law
- Copyright Licensing
- Entertainment Law
- Technology Innovation
- Contract Negotiation
- Corporate Law
- Crowdfunding Law
- Southwestern Law School
(JD, Entertainment and Media Law Concentration)
- University of California at Los Angeles
(BA, Political Science and Mass Media Major)
David N. Sharifi is an entertainment technology attorney based in Los Angeles and a recognized expert in new media law, competitive barrier strategy, intellectual property exploitation, social media law, trademark protection online and related legal and business affairs. David is also an entrepreneur and frequently attends and speaks at top technology conferences in Los Angeles and nationwide.
David applies a blend of intellectual property law, market analysis, and contract negotiation to advise clients in deal making, development, and marketing, with a focus on web, mobile and social platforms. In 2014 David was recognized as top 30 most influential attorneys in Digital Media and E-Commerce Law by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Advising professionals and their companies in entertainment, advertising, technology, and media industries on intellectual property protection strategy;
- Trademark and brand name protection strategies in traditional and new media, Copyright matters, design patent and utility patent protection, and confidential disclosure agreements;
- Forming, merging, selling and dissolving business entities, corporations and limited liability companies; Advising clients in stock purchase agreements, buyout agreements, investment financing, and other capital transactions, including crowdfunding law.
- Drafting and negotiating personal services and design agreements related to mobile applications and websites, film and television production, digital and mobile publishing, licensing, and advertising law.
- Consulting startup and growth-stage technology companies on business plans, pitch decks, revenue models, funding strategy, strategic partnerships and lean startup methodology.
Prior to founding L.A. Tech & Media Law Firm, David served as intellectual property of counsel to law firms in Los Angeles while moonlighting as an entrepreneur to develop his own idea and startup, CleanCell® Wipes, a consumer product successfully sold in retail stores and hospitals. The spirit of entrepreneurship is one David continues to embrace, one that coupled with his concentration on entertainment law and legal issues in technology for nearly a decade, guides his legal and business consultation to clients from perspectives few attorneys can match.
David holds a B.A. from University of California, Los Angeles, and a J.D. from Southwestern Law School based in Los Angeles and ranked 4th nationwide for its entertainment law program.
Admitted to Practice:
- All California State Courts.
- United States District Court, Central District of California.
- Member, California State Bar
Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Intellectual Property & New Media Section
- Member, International Academy of Web Television
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Sponsor, Silicon Beach Fest